Investing in high-quality VIRGIN HAIR extensions can really upgrade your style. But to get the most out of your new tresses, it’s important to properly care for them. With the right maintenance routine, your VIRGIN HAIR extensions will last longer, look better and retain their quality. Follow these proper care tips to extend the longevity of your investment.
1. Start with Quality VIRGIN HAIR
The foundation of caring for your extensions is investing in quality VIRGIN HAIR. Choose 100% remy hair that has never been chemically processed or exposed to environmental damage. Authentic remy VIRGIN HAIR will look the most natural and be the easiest to style and blend with your own hair. The healthiest starting point will set you up for long-lasting wear.
Things to look for when buying VIRGIN HAIR extensions:
- Unprocessed, raw virgin hair
- Intact cuticles to prevent tangling
- Healthy, bouncy texture
- No lice, nits or shedding
- Reputable seller and brand
Invest in the best quality you can afford – it truly makes a difference in the longevity and wearability of extensions.
2. Handle Gently
Once you have your VIRGIN HAIR extensions, it’s important to handle them gently to avoid damage. The hair should not be brushed or combed when wet or excessively pulled on when styling. Gently detangle strands with your fingers or a wide-tooth comb if needed. But avoid harsh brushing as much as possible.
Here are some tips for gentle handling:
- Avoid excessive heat styling at high temperatures.
- Gently smooth out knots and tangles with your fingers.
- Use a soft detangling brush or wide-tooth comb if needed.
- Never brush the extensions when wet.
- Take care not to catch or snag the hair when styling.
Treating the strands gently will help maintain the health and beauty of the hair. Rough handling causes friction, breakage and irreparable damage. Go slowly and be cautious to keep extensions looking lush.
3. Sleep Carefully
How you care for extensions overnight is also important. To avoid tangling and breakage while sleeping:
- Use a soft, covered scrunchie to loosely tie up hair if needed.
- Try a loose braid or ponytail.
- Invest in a satin pillowcase.
- Sleep with hair arranged comfortably away from face and neck.
- Avoid sleeping on wet hair.
Choose comfortable sleeping styles that are protected and avoid friction throughout the night. The right overnight care will minimize tangles and unnecessary stress on the strands. Your extensions will look fresher, longer!
4. Wash Correctly
It’s vital to wash VIRGIN HAIR extensions properly to remove dirt and oils while maintaining quality. Avoid over-washing, as this creates excessive friction and opportunities for tangling. Here are some best practices for washing:
- Wash every 2-3 weeks or as needed.
- Use a gentle, sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner.
- Avoid rubbing the hair vigorously while washing.
- Rinse with cool water and be sure to remove all shampoo residue.
- Air dry or gently blot hair with a towel – avoid harsh rubbing.
Wash extensions infrequently yet thoroughly to preserve the integrity of the hair. The proper products and techniques will keep them fresh and bouncy in between washes.
5. Correct Detangling
Gentle, patient detangling prevents irreparable knotting and matting in extensions. Only detangle when needed and be extremely delicate. Follow these steps:
- Start at the bottom and gently work upwards.
- Use a wide-tooth comb or detangling brush.
- Never detangle when hair is wet.
- If you hit a stubborn tangle, stop and carefully work it out with fingers.
- Avoid pulling or ripping through knots.
- Use leave-in conditioner to help slick down strands.
Rushing through detangling can cause clumps of hair to come out. Take your time to gently work through problem areas. Thorough detangling from bottom up is key for healthy, beautiful extensions.
6. Correct Heat Styling
You can safely use hot styling tools to achieve your desired styles – just use caution. High heat damages the hair follicles, so keep temperatures moderate. Also avoid directing heat at bonded areas where extension hair meets your own.
Best practices for heat styling:
- Use tools with adjustable temperature settings.
- Keep heat below 300-350°F.
- Avoid clamping irons directly on the bonds.
- Use heat protectant spray to defend from damage.
- Allow hair to cool between passes with hot tools.
Style away with your favorite wands, irons and rollers – just turn down the heat and be conscious of bonds. Your stylist can advise on the safest heat settings.
7. Don’t Over-Brush
Frequent, vigorous brushing can damage extensions.Aim to gently style and smooth hair without over-brushing. Be especially cautious with wet brushing, continuous stroking in one area and backcombing.
Follow these brushing guidelines:
- Use a soft-bristle brush or wide-tooth comb.
- Gently brush through ends to distribute oils.
- Detangle small sections at a time if needed.
- Avoid forcefully brushing when hair is tangled.
- Never brush wet hair.
Over-brushing causes hairs to stretch, weaken and break. Be especially gentle around bonds where extension hair meets your own. Minimize brushing to keep extensions smooth and healthy.
8. Protect From Chlorine
Chlorine from pools and hot tubs can damage and dry out extensions. Whenever swimming with extensions:
- Wear a tight swim cap to seal out water.
- Coat hair in pre-swim conditioner.
- Rinse immediately after swimming.
- Shampoo and deep condition after to restore moisture.
- Avoid soaking hair directly.
Salt water can also dehydrate and dull extensions. Always protect them thoroughly before entering chlorinated water to maintain quality. Proper post-swim care restores softness and shine.
9. Use Bonding Glue Properly
If you have tape-in or weft extensions, using bonding glue correctly is key. Apply just enough glue to keep extensions secure, while still allowing for adjustable removal. Using excessive glue makes removal difficult and can damage both your natural hair and extensions.
To properly use bonding glue:
- Apply a thin layer of glue evenly to tapes or wefts.
- Allow glue to become sticky before applying.
- Press bonded areas together firmly for 30 seconds.
- Avoid oversaturating or globs of glue.
- Apply glue sparingly near the roots.
When reapplying extensions, carefully loosen glue residue from your hair using remover solution or oil. Then wipe bonding areas clean before applying fresh glue. With the proper amount of glue, bonds stay secure yet removable.
10. Seek Professional Maintenance
Schedule occasional professional maintenance for your extensions. Your stylist can trim any split ends, reshape the haircut and refresh bonding areas as needed. See them every 4-8 weeks to:
- Trim off any damaged or split ends.
- Remove built-up residue from bonds.
- Reapply extensions properly.
- Wash, condition and style the extensions.
- Recommend any changes to your routine.
With professional care, your stylist will keep extensions looking and feeling fabulous. They can also advise on any issues or necessary alterations to your daily maintenance routine.
Love Your Extensions the Right Way
Caring for VIRGIN HAIR extensions is easy when you use the right techniques. Invest in quality hair and handle it gently daily. Maintain it properly through washing, detangling, heat styling and sleeping. Minimize damage from friction, over-styling and chlorine. With this comprehensive care routine, your extensions will last longer and remain thick, shiny and beautiful.
Shop for premium VIRGIN HAIR extensions and supplies at https://elsahair.vn/product-category/virgin-hair/